Associate Professor, Pathology
Clinical Pathology, Pathology 1, Pathology 2
Prior to beginning her teaching position in the Cayman Islands in 2022, Dr. White worked for over 3 years as a pathologist for Inotiv (formerly Bolder BioPath. She primarily provided pathology support to investigators working with models of IBD, psoriasis, lupus, and other inflammatory/autoimmune diseases. She continues this collaboration on a limited basis, particularly in the area of IBD research.
Dr. White served for over 10 years as a pathologist, mentor, and assistant professor at the Tri-Institutional Laboratory of Comparative Pathology (Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, Weill Cornell Medical College, and The Rockefeller University) in New York City, where in addition to providing research support, she participated in training clinical residents, pathology fellows, and medical students. She also served as an adjunct faculty member at the University of Connecticut during this time.
She also spent over 4 years as a pathologist for the Wildlife Conservation Society, Bronx Zoo, and is excited to collaborate with them again in regards to Cayman Blue Iguana conservation.
Dr. White earned her DVM from Louisiana State University in 1993. After a one year internship at the Animal Medical Center in New York, she practiced small animal/exotic clinical medicine. She began her pathology residency in 2000 at Angell Memorial Animal Hospital and Tufts Veterinary School. She has been a Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Pathologists since 2003.
Pathology, clinical pathology, research pathology, zoo/wildlife pathology
2012: Teaching Excellence Award, Weill Cornell Medical College
1. Burr HN, Lipman NS, White JR , Zheng J, Wolf FR. Strategies to prevent, treat, and provoke Corynebacterium-associated hyperkeratosis in athymic nude mice. J Amer Assoc Lab Anim Sci. 2011; 50(3):601-611.
2. Servais E, Colovos C, White JR., Sadelain M. Animal models and molecular imaging tools to investigate lymph node metastases. J Molec Med. 2011; 89(8):753-69.
3. Cassano AE, White JR; Penraat K, Wilson CD, Rasmussen S, Karatsoreos IN. Anatomic, hematologic, and biochemical features of C57BL/6NCrl mice maintained on chronic oral corticosterone. Comp Med. 2012; 62(5):348-60.
4. Xiong X, Chorzalska A, Dubielecka PM, White JR, Vedvyas Y, Hedvat CV, Haimovitz-Friedman A, Koutcher JA, Reimand J,Bader GD, Sawicki JA, Kotula L. Disruption of Abi1/Hssh3bp1 expression induces prostatic intraepithelial neoplasia in the conditional Abi1/Hssh3bp1 KO mice. Oncogenesis. 2012 Sep 3;1:e26.
5. Liu X, He Y, Xiao K, White J, Fusco D, Papanicolaou G. Effect of linezolid on clinical severity and pulmonary cytokines in a murine model of influenza A and Staphylococcus aureus co-infection. PLoS ONE. 2013;8(3):1-10.
6. Collymore C, White J, Lieggi C. Case Report: Trichodina xenopodus, a Ciliated Protozoan, in a Laboratory-Maintained Xenopus laevis. Comp. Med. 2013;63(4):310-12.
7. Ortiz B, White JR, Wu W, Chan T. Deletion of Ptprd and Cdkn2a cooperate to accelerate tumorigenesis. Oncotarget. 2014 Aug 30;5(16):6976-82.
8. Collymore C, Watral V, White JR, Colvin M, Rasmussen S, Tolwani R, Kent M. Tolerance and Efficacy of Emamectin benzoate and Ivermectin for the Treatment of Pseudocapillaria tomentosa in Laboratory Zebrafish (Danio rerio). Zebrafish. 2014 Oct;11(5):490-7.
9. Harmsen, S, Huang R, Wall M, Karabeber H, Samii J, Spaliviero M, White JR, Monette S, O'Connor R, Pitter K, Saborowski M, Holland E, Singer S, Lowe S, Blasberg R, Kircher M. SERRS-Nanostars for high-precision cancer imaging. Sci Transl Med. 2015 Jan 21;7(271):271ra7.
10. Zhang L, Adileh M, Martin ML, Klingler S, White J, Ma X, Howe LR, Brown AM, Kolesnick R. Establishing estrogen-responsive mouse mammary organoids from single Lgr5(+) cells. Cell Signal. 2017 Jan;29:41-51.
11. Santagostino SF, Arbona RJR, Nashat MA, White JR, Monette S. Pathology of Aging in NOD scid gamma Female Mice. Vet Pathol. 2017 Sep;54(5):855-869.
12. Peneyra SM, Cardona-Costa J, White J, Whipps CM, Riedel ER, Lipman NS, Lieggi C. Transmission of Pseudoloma neurophilia in Laboratory Zebrafish (Danio rerio) When Using Mass Spawning Chambers and Recommendations for Chamber Disinfection. Zebrafish. 2017 Oct 19.
13. Gorman AW, Deh KM, Schwiedrzik CM, White JR, Groman EV, Fisher CA, Gillen KM, Spincemaille P, Rasmussen S, Prince MR, Voss HU, Freiwald WA, Wang Y. Brain Iron Distribution after Multiple Doses of Ultra-small Superparamagnetic Iron Oxide Particles in Rats. Comp Med. 2018 Apr 2;68(2):139-147.
14. D. Nath, J.R. White, G. Bratslavsky, L. Kotula, Identification, Histological Characterization, and Dissection of Mouse Prostate Lobes for In Vitro 3D Spheroid Culture Models, J Vis Exp (139) (2018).
15. D. Nath, X. Li, C. Mondragon, D. Post, M. Chen, J.R. White, A. Hryniewicz-Jankowska, T. Caza, V.A. Kuznetsov, H. Hehnly, T. Jamaspishvili, D.M. Berman, F. Zhang, S.H.Y. Kung, L. Fazli, M.E. Gleave, G. Bratslavsky, P.P. Pandolfi, L. Kotula, Abi1 loss drives prostate tumorigenesis through activation of EMT and non-canonical WNT signaling, Cell Commun Signal 17(1) (2019) 120.
16. S. Harmsen, S. Rogalla, R. Huang, M. Spaliviero, V. Neuschmelting, Y. Hayakawa, Y. Lee, Y. Tailor, R. Toledo-Crow, J.W. Kang, J.M. Samii, H. Karabeber, R.M. Davis, J.R. White, M. van de Rijn, S.S. Gambhir, C.H. Contag, T.C. Wang, M.F. Kircher, Detection of Premalignant Gastrointestinal Lesions Using Surface-Enhanced Resonance Raman Scattering-Nanoparticle Endoscopy, ACS Nano 13(2) (2019) 1354-1364.
17. M.C. Inda, S. Joshi, T. Wang, A. Bolaender, S. Gandu, J. Koren Iii, A.Y. Che, T. Taldone, P. Yan, W. Sun, M. Uddin, P. Panchal, M. Riolo, S. Shah, A. Barlas, K. Xu, L.Y.L. Chan, A. Gruzinova, S. Kishinevsky, L. Studer, V. Fossati, S.A. Noggle, J.R. White, E. de Stanchina, S. Sequeira, K.H. Anthoney, J.W. Steele, K. Manova-Todorova, S. Patil, M.P. Dunphy, N. Pillarsetty, A.C. Pereira, H. Erdjument-Bromage, T.A. Neubert, A. Rodina, S.D. Ginsberg, N. De Marco Garcia, W. Luo, G. Chiosis, The epichaperome is a mediator of toxic hippocampal stress and leads to protein connectivity-based dysfunction, Nat Commun 11(1) (2020) 319.
18. P. Yan, H.J. Patel, S. Sharma, A. Corben, T. Wang, P. Panchal, C. Yang, W. Sun, T.L. Araujo, A. Rodina, S. Joshi, K. Robzyk, S. Gandu, J.R. White, E. de Stanchina, S. Modi, Y.Y. Janjigian, E.G. Hill, B. Liu, H. Erdjument-Bromage, T.A. Neubert, N.L.S. Que, Z. Li, D.T. Gewirth, T. Taldone, G. Chiosis, Molecular Stressors Engender Protein Connectivity Dysfunction through Aberrant N-Glycosylation of a Chaperone, Cell Rep 31(13) (2020) 107840.
Rodent models of autoimmune and immune-mediated diseases
Genetically engineered mouse models of cancer and immunotherapy
Phenotyping of genetically engineered mice