Throughout his career, Dr. Ismail authored more than 130 peer-reviewed articles and served as reviewer for more than 10 international veterinary journals. Dr. Ismail began his research career specializing in areas related to Food Animal Medicine and Surgery. In subsequent years, He worked in the field of pharmaceutical research and development business and pre-clinical studies using mice and rabbit models. Currently, His work has refocused in problem-based, industry-oriented research, related to dairy cow management and production.
Dr. Ismail is committed to providing the best and most up-to-date animal and public health services for the benefit of society through education, research, public service, and outreach. He is always committed toward the achievement of the organization’s goals by promoting team work, leadership, respect among peers with a willingness to go the extra mile.
- Dairy cattle medicine
- Sheep and goats medicine
- Camel research
- Clinical research
- Pre-clinical studies
- Veterinary pharmacology and therapeutics
- Special Merit Award, Purdue University- 1998
- Association of the American Veterinary Medical Colleages- Council for International Veterinary Medical Education Primary Care Veterinary Educators of the month, July 2018.
- Ababneh, Mustafa M; Hananeh, Wael; Ismail, Zuhair; Hawawsheh, Majid; Al‐Zghoul, Mohammad; Knowles, Nick J; van Maanen, Kees. First detection of foot‐and‐mouth disease virus O/ME‐SA/Ind2001e sublineage in Jordan. Transboundary and Emerging Diseases 2020; 67(1): 455-460.
- Hijazeen, Zaidoun S; Ismail, Zuhair; Al-Majali, Ahmad M. Prevalence and risk factors of some arthropod-transmitted diseases in cattle and sheep in Jordan. Veterinary World 2020; 13(1): 201.
- Al‐Qadri, Razan F; Abu‐Basha, Ehab A; Ababneh, Mohammed M; Ismail, Zuhair; Idkaidek, Nasir M. Pharmacokinetics of toltrazuril and its metabolites in pregnant and nonpregnant ewes and determination of their concentrations in milk, allantoic fluid, and newborn plasma. Journal of Veterinary Pharmacology and Therapeutics 2020; Online First.
- Tarazi, Yaser Hamadeh; Abu-Basha, Ehab A; Ismail, Zuhair; Tailony, Rawan A. In vitro and in vivo efficacy study of cefepime, doripenem, tigecycline, and tetracycline against extended-spectrum beta-lactamases Escherichia coli in chickens. Veterinary World 2020; 13(3): 446.
- Ismail, Zuhair; Al-Nabulsi, Farah; Abu-Basha, Ehab; Hananeh, Wael. Occurrence of on-farm risk factors and health effects of mycotoxins in dairy farms in Jordan. Tropical Animal Health and Production 2020.
- Alekish, MO; Ismail, Z; Gharaibeh, M; Abu-Qatous, L. Genetic relatedness, antibiogram and virulence factors of Staphylococcus aureus isolated from bovine mastitis and related human contacts. Polish Journal of Veterinary Sciences 2020:133-141.
- Hananeh, Wael; Daradka, Mousa; Ismail, Zuhair; Mukbel, Rami; El-Ekish, Myassar. Enzootic nasal adenocarcinoma in small ruminants in Jordan. Veterinarska stanica 2020; 51(2): 219-223.
- Abu‐Basha, Ehab A; Ismail, Zuhair; Abu Alhaijaa, Hind; Hamzeh, Eyad; Idkaidek, Nasir M. Pharmacokinetics and bioavailability of tildipirosin following intravenous and subcutaneous administration in sheep. Journal of Veterinary Pharmacology and Therapeutics 2020; Online First.
- Ismail, Zuhair; Abutarbush, Sameeh M. Molecular characterization of antimicrobial resistance and virulence genes of Escherichia coli isolates from bovine mastitis. Veterinary World 2020; 13(8): 1588.
- Ismail, Z; Abutarbush, SM; Al-Qudah, K; Omoush, F. Serum and milk concentrations of oxidant and anti-oxidant markers in dairy cows affected with bloody milk. Polish Journal of Veterinary Sciences 2020; 341-347.
- Al‐Rukibat, Raida; Ismail, Zuhair; Al‐Zghoul, Mohammad Borhan; Hananeh, Wael. Establishment of reference intervals of selected blood biochemical parameters in Shami goats. Veterinary Clinical Pathology 2020; Online First.
- Mastitis in dairy cattle
- Gastrointestinal diseases in cattle
- Sheep and goats general medicine
- Calf diseases
- Antimicrobial resistance
- Pharmacology and therapeutics
- Bani Ismail, Z, Frank N, Sojka J. Equine Purpura Hemorrhagica. The 11th Annual Phi Zeta Research Day, 1998.
- Khamas, W. A., Bani Ismail, Z., Nour, A. The peculiarities of the one-humped camel stomach (Camelus dromedarius). The 17th Annual Phi Zeta Research Day, 2004.
- Bani Ismail Z, Hawkins JF and Al-majali AM. A retrospective study of long bone fractures in cattle. The second international conference for ruminant diseases. Syria 2004.
- Bani Ismail Z, Al-Zghoul MB, Al- Majali AM, Khraim NM The effect of early castration on penile and urethral development in Awassi lambs. The Deanship of research first scientific day. Jordan 2005.
- Bani Ismail ZA, AL-Zghoul MF, AL-Ababneh OM. Serum Levels of Insulin-like Growth Factor-I, Thyroid Hormones, and Skeletal Muscle Fiber Size in Castrated Lambs With and Without Androgen Treatment. The second international scientific conference on small ruminant production, Cairo 2008.
- Mahmoud Abu-Abeeleh, Zuhair A. Bani Ismail, Khaled R. Alzaben, Sami A. Abu-Halaweh, Abdel karim S. Aloweidi, Iyad A. Al-Smmouri, Mohamed K. Al-Esa, Samir K. Jabaiti, Moaath M. Alsmady. Efficacy of Adipose Derived Stem Cell In Cardiac Muscle repair. Myocardial Protection - From Lab to Man, Jordan University of Science and Technology, Irbid, Jordan 2008.
- Z. A. Bani Ismail, A. M. Al- Majali, F. Amireh, O.F. Al-Rawashdeh. Metabolic Profiles in Late Pregnant Does with and Without Subclinical Pregnancy Toxemia. Animal Wealth and Research Conference. Cairo, Egypt 2008.
- Mahmoud Abu-Abeeleh, Zuhair A. Bani Ismail, Khaled R. Alzaben, Sami A. Abu-Halaweh, Abdel karim S. Aloweidi, Iyad A. Al-Smmouri, Mohamed K. Al-Esa, Samir K. Jabaiti, Moaath M. Alsmady. Efficacy of Human Adipose Tissue-Derived Stem Cells in Cardiac Muscle Repair In An Experimental Acute Myocardial Infarction Model Using Nude Rats Strain Crl:NIH-Fox1. Fifth International Conference on Cell Therapy for Cardiovascular Diseases. The New York Academy of Medicine, New York , NY 2009.
- Mahmoud Abdelrahman Abu-Abeeleh, Khaled R. Alzaben, Sami A. Abu-Halaweh, Zuhair A. Bani ismail, Samir K. Jabaiti, Ismael Matalqa. Efficacy of adipose derived stem cell in cardiac muscle repair. Journal of Saudi Heart Association. 2011; 23 (3): 179.